You don’t have to look far, nowadays, to learn the benefits of quitting smoking – you can exercise harder, have more energy, less guilt, smell better, have more money, less paranoia, increased lung function… the list goes on and on… Not to mention the dramatic statistical decrease in your chances of getting lung cancer or heart disease.
Despite these overwhelming motivations, many people still struggle to kick the habit and will try numerous methods to quit. Often hypnotherapy is the lowest on the list as people see it as a form of ‘magic.’ But here are ten incredible reasons why hypnotherapy remains the best choice for stopping smoking –
1)It is the quick and efficient
– Whereas nicotine replacement patches can take weeks and months to slowly wean you off the habit, hypnotherapy is powerful and instant. In fact, the full treatment is only a relaxing 2 hours long – you come in a smoker and leave a non-smoker.
2)It has the excellent success rates
– Just 9 years ago the Which? report concluded that of all the methods used to stop smoking, hypnotherapy is the most successful.
3)You can have very few cravings
– Most people who have given up through hypnotherapy would conclude that the reason it was so effective was because they didn’t crave cigarettes. People are astounded that, after years of being trapped in a craving cycle, their bodies can so easily go without. Most of my clients report little or no cravings whatsoever!
4)The relapse rates are low
– In research conducted by the hypnotherapists in Clifton Practice in 2003, participants were given the opportunity of a ‘free top up’ if the quit smoking hypnotherapy they were given was unsuccessful. After six months only 8.3% of clients returned for this offer suggesting that relapse rates for this form of hypnotherapy were under 10%.
5)It is cost effective
– Although there is an initial outlay, other forms of stop smoking therapy, such as nicotine replacement patches, will spread a much greater cost over a longer period of time. Often nicotine patches can be around £20 for a week’s supply and this cost can skyrocket if a client is on them for extended periods of time.
6)It deals with the actual problem
– Most nicotine replacement therapies help you quit by gradually reducing the nicotine intake but this is not the route of the problem. Addiction happens in the limbic system of the brain so when we intellectualise the habit most people reject it at a deep level. Other therapies rarely deal with why we smoke and, therefore, never break the cognitive association between pleasure and smoking.
7)It is incredibly pleasant
– Nicotine replacement is a slow process, cold turkey is hard… Hypnotherapy, on the other hand is a process that promotes positivity, relaxation and creativity. Quitting has never been so soothing!
8)It is based upon science
– Hypnotherapy is often misjudged by people that have seen various stage hypnotists performing entertaining routines. The success of hypnotherapy is actually based in pure science rather than faith – once you understand how our brains are wired to want cigarettes it is easy to understand how we can ‘re-wire’ under hypnosis. All my sessions come with a discussion about the neuroscience of smoking… and you will be astounded at how it works.
9)You are not alone
– Most stop smoking therapies can be brought over the counter in a chemist. There is little interaction with others and ‘going it alone’ often leads to failure. When working with a hypnotherapist you have someone ‘on your side’ who truly understands the nature of addiction and how best to support you in giving up
10)There are other benefits too
– When we work together using trance we achieve so much. The focus of stop smoking hypnotherapy will, at the same time as helping you quit the habit, address a number of other important feelings, with many clients reporting increased confidence, self-esteem and happiness after treatment. *
To book your Stop Smoking session click here to contact Paul or call him on 07780 843817
**Disclaimer: Please be advised that there is no guarantee of specific results and that results can vary from person to person